Last updated: 6th May 2022
Welcome to Threads. In order to provide you with the best experience possible, we’ve set out the Terms and Conditions on which we supply global concierge services sourcing and delivering bespoke luxury fashion and other products for women, men and children and our online shopping business that allows you to purchase bespoke luxury fashion and other products for women, men and children via social media platforms (including Instagram) (Collectively we refer to these as our “Services”)
1. This website https://www.threadsstyling.com and all content, features, functionality, and offers made available through it are operated by Threads Styling Ltd (we, us, our).
2. We are a private limited company registered in England & Wales under company number 7093672. Our registered office is at Telephone House, 6th Floor, 69-77 Paul Street, London, England, EC2A 4NG
3. Our VAT number is 137843492.
1. If you have any questions about us, these terms and conditions, our website, Services or products, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If it is a query about our personal concierge services then you can also contact us using the details in paragraph 5 below. In either case the team will aim to get back to you within 48 hours.
2. These terms and conditions tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how the contract between you and us can be changed or ended, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. By using and/or placing an order through our website, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these terms and conditions.
3. We may vary these terms and conditions from time to time. By requesting Services and or products from us, you agree to comply with, and be bound by, the version of the terms and conditions notified to you (or, if no version of the terms and conditions is notified to you, the version set out on our website) at the relevant time. These terms and conditions were last updated on [6th May 2022]. We recommend that you print and keep a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
4. If you think there is a mistake in these Terms please read them carefully and make sure that you understand them before you order any products. They do not affect your legal rights.
1. Our Services allow you to source and purchase a range of products from a variety of boutiques and brands worldwide (“Retailers”).
2. We attempt to be as accurate as possible in the description of the products displayed on the Website and through the offering of our Services. However, the details, images and descriptions of the products that we give to you when we provide our Services or when we issue you with a preliminary invoice are provided to us by the Retailers and we cannot guarantee that all details are always accurate, complete or error free.
3. The images of the products on our website for our online shopping service are illustrative only. Although we have made every effort to display the products and colours accurately, we cannot guarantee a device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the true colour of the products and your products may vary slightly from those images.
4. Many of the products on our website are individually made to order therefore images which may have been supplied or shown are only meant as a guide to what the product will look like once manufactured and may not show the actual size of the products. All sizes, weights and measurements are approximate and are for guidance only. In particular, you acknowledge that:
5. We cannot give any undertaking that products you purchase from Retailers through us will be of satisfactory quality, and this and any other such warranties (whether express or implied) are disclaimed by us absolutely to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided on or with the products before using them and not rely solely on the information on our or any retailer website. This does not affect your legal rights.
7. Items marked as 'Pre-owned' are pre-owned but unused in excellent like-new condition. We are sourcing experts and are not affiliated or endorsed by the brand partner. All intellectual property rights such as trademarks, trade names, designs and copyrights are reserved and are exclusively owned by the brand owner. Please note for pre-owned luxury watches, these are unique and bespoke pieces and no longer carry a manufacturer’s warranty.
8. If you have any queries about the products you have purchased then please contact us (see paragraph 2 above).
1. You may contact us to request any of our Services via telephone (+44 7881 340 327), WhatsApp (+44 7881 340 327), or email (email@example.com).
2. Your request for our global concierge services is only accepted by us when we so agree orally by telephone or in writing by email or WhatsApp. At the time we accept your request for Services, we will notify you of any special conditions that may apply and it is at this point a binding contract will be formed between you and us for the Service and any products requested. The contract between us will be formed of the contents of our email/telephone/WhatsApp exchange, any other relevant documents or confirmations that we send to you (including invoices) and these terms and conditions. Although these terms and conditions and any resulting contract between us for our Services are in English many of our personal shoppers are able to communicate in other languages to assist you.
3. During the request for global concierge services process we will let you know when we will provide our Services to you and the applicable Threads service fees. If the global concierge services you have requested are ongoing services, we will also tell you when and how you can end the contract with us (see below).
4. We may refuse to provide all or any of our global concierge services to you at any time at our sole discretion.
5. We will not be liable to you (or deemed to be in breach of our contract with you) if our supply of global concierge services is delayed by an event outside our reasonable control (please see paragraph 17 for more information).
1. If you wish to purchase a product via our online store on this website rather than use our global concierge service then please:
2. Please take the time to check your order before submitting it. If you submit an order in error, you will have the opportunity to cancel it (see below). You will have an opportunity to check and correct any input errors in your order up until you click the Submit Order button.
3. When we receive your order we will give you an order reference number and details of the products you have ordered by way of an acknowledgment email. Please note that this e-mail will be an acknowledgement only and does not mean that we have accepted your order.
4. When your order is fulfilled we will send you a second email confirming that your order has been shipped.
5. Orders above £10,000 trigger a customer verification process which must be undertaken in order to complete an order. Upon receipt of an order in excess of £10,000, our Customer Service team will get in touch with you via e-mail to confirm details of the order. Once this has been completed and your order verified, we will continue to process the order in the same way as detailed above.
6. Our acceptance of your order and the creation of a legally binding contract between us will only occur when we send you this second order confirmation email, which will contain details of how your products will be delivered to you. The contract that is formed will be in the English language and will include these terms and conditions.
7. We may also be unable to accept your order because, among other reasons or no reason:
8. We will let you know if this is the case and will not charge you for the products you have attempted to order in these circumstances. If you have already paid we will promptly refund you the full amount.
9. We may also, at our discretion, decline all or part of your order for any reason, in which case we will notify you as soon as practicable.
10. All our products are subject to availability and we cannot guarantee the availability or otherwise of any product. If a product is unavailable after an order is placed, then we will contact you to either arrange a replacement, or agree a refund or alternative arrangement.
1. In order to use any of our Services you must be over 18 years of age and possess a valid credit or debit card. By placing an order, you confirm that all details you provide are true and accurate, that you are over 18 years of age, that you are an authorised user of the credit or debit card, or the bank account holder in the case of payments made by balance transfer, used to place your order and that there are sufficient funds in the account to cover the cost of your order.
2. We reserve the right to adjust prices, offers, services, products and their specifications at our discretion at any time. Any adjustment in price (excluding sales tax and VAT) will not affect the price of any services or products which you have already paid for and which we have accepted. If the rate of sales tax or VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the service or product, we will adjust the rate of tax that you pay, unless you have already paid for the service or product in full and before the change in the rate of tax takes effect.
3. Promotional offers and prices for our Services are as stated, with no further discounts available unless we indicate otherwise
4. We make every effort to ensure that we inform you of the correct prices of the products available to buy using our Services. However, if we discover an error in the price of the products you have ordered before they are delivered to you, we will contact you to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the product at the correct price or cancelling your order. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you accordingly.
5. When we accept your request for Services, we may require you to provide us with payment card details (which you agree shall be your own payment card) to secure the Services requested and any subsequent purchase(s).
6. All card payments are subject to authorisation by your card issuer. We will inform you when taking your request if we do not accept the payment card you wish to use.
Global Concierge Services
1. Where you are using our Global Concierge Service, prices for products sourced for you (and any of our charges) may be in UK Pounds, US Dollars or Euros depending on where the products are being sourced from and/or which Threads subsidiary we sell it from. We will confirm this to you prior to you placing your order.
2. The prices for products sourced using this service exclude any delivery costs and/or import taxes/duties where applicable. Any applicable delivery costs and/or import taxes/duties applicable to your order may vary depending on the identity of the Retailer from whom the products are being ordered, the type and quantity of products you have ordered, the country of despatch, the delivery address, country, and the method of delivery. We will typically arrange for Retailers to deliver the products to our offices (after which we will then send the products to you upon receipt from the relevant Retailer), but in some cases we may request the Retailer to send the products directly to you
3. In respect of our global concierge services, you authorise us to debit your payment card in relation to the following payments:
4. You are fully liable to us in relation to all such fees. Our fee for the Services will be the fees quoted to you during the request for Services process and will be in the currency specified at that time. We will generally invoice you for the price of the Services (including the price of any product(s) you may have decided to order) when we have located the products that you have requested, but before the order for the products has been placed.
5. You acknowledge and agree that we may use “Stripe” (a PCI Service Provider Level 1 certificated platform) to process and store your payment card details. Please note that our checkout process with Stripe is served over SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), which means that sensitive card details never touch our servers. Nevertheless, although we take every reasonable precaution to protect sensitive client data, you should be careful to make your payments from secure devices and using a secure network. Threads cannot be held responsible for any data breach if payment is made from a device that has been compromised by a virus or malware, or over a network that is not secure
6. For larger payments we may request that you pay by International BACS transfer and this can be arranged with your bank directly.
7. If you do not make any payment to us when it is due, we may end the contract between you and us at any time by writing to you.
8. We source products from our luxury brands and partners around the globe. Prices are determined by sourcing location, therefore the price of the same item may vary depending on your location and where we bought the item from.Where we source products for you as part of this service:
9. Delivery costs and (if applicable) import taxes/duties are not included in the prices for the products. The delivery costs and/or import taxes/duties applicable to your order will vary depending on matters including the identity of the Retailer from whom the products are being ordered, the type and quantity of products you have ordered, the country of despatch, the delivery address, country, and/or the delivery method. We will usually arrange for Retailers to deliver the products to our offices (and we will then send the products to you upon receipt from the relevant Retailer), but in some cases we may request that the Retailer sends the products to you directly.
11. The products become your responsibility from the time they are delivered to you to the address you gave us, or you (or a carrier organised by you) collect them from us.
1. You may purchase products via us using our Services from our selected Retailers.
2. All prices for our products sold via our Online Shopping Service will be displayed in UK pounds (£) or US dollars ($). The pricing and currency will vary based on your chosen delivery destination.
3. The total cost of your order will be set out clearly in your Shopping Basket before you submit your order.
4. You acknowledge and agree that:
5. For our online shopping service, we only accept payment through payment methods specified on our website.
7. The products become your responsibility from the time they are delivered to you to the address you gave us, or you (or a carrier organised by you) collect them from us.
1. Occasionally, we may offer special promotions (such as discounts or offers) on certain products. We have the right to withdraw such promotions at any time and they may also be subject to time restrictions, availability and other terms and conditions.
2. To avoid disappointment, please ensure you check the terms and conditions for a promotional offer before trying to redeem it.
3. We may occasionally offer promotional discounts, with or without a promotion code. Promotions with codes are usually only valid for one transaction and once the code is used it will be deactivated and will no longer be valid.
4. Promotions cannot be added to an order after the order is confirmed, therefore you must ensure that the voucher is registered before you confirm and pay for the products.
5. We are not responsible for promotions related to our products where such promotions are published on external websites or other media.
6. We have the right withdraw a promotion or promotional code at any time.
1. We are able to deliver orders to both the UK and internationally except for where we are prevented by local laws from doing so (e.g. international trade restrictions, embargoes and/or other preventative measures). All deliveries must be signed for. Please make sure you keep the receipt enclosed with your products.
2. Your order will be delivered to the delivery address notified by you at the time of placing your order. We are not liable whatsoever for any products delivered to an address which has not been correctly provided by you. You may receive communications from our courier during the delivery process.
3. We do not deliver to PO Boxes.
4. If after a failed delivery, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect the products from the delivery depot notified to you we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and we will refund you the money you have already paid for the order but reserve the right to deduct from the refund a reasonable sum as compensation for any costs we have incurred as a result.
5. We cannot guarantee any specific delivery timeframes. We will try to send you non made to order products by the estimated delivery date set out in our email confirming your order, or, if no date is specified, then no later than 30 days following the date of our email confirming your order.
6. Made to order and customised products (such as jewellery) can take longer to make which will affect delivery times. We will aim to provide you with an estimated delivery date at the time of your order. Products may be delivered directly to you by our brand partners whose products we are selling and this can affect delivery times. If we are unable to meet the estimated delivery date, we will try to contact you with a revised estimated delivery date.
7. If we consider that we are or may be unable to supply the products to you within a reasonable time (or at all), we can cancel the contract with you, without liability, except that we will refund you any sums that have already been paid to us for the cancelled contract.
8. Products that you order from us will be your responsibility from the time we deliver these products to the address you gave us when placing your order.
1. Delivery charges and/or import taxes/duties applicable to your order will vary depending on matters including the identity of the Retailer from whom the products are being ordered, the type and quantity of products you have ordered, the country of despatch, the delivery address, country, and/or the delivery method. You only pay one delivery charge per order, irrespective of the number of products ordered. Different products in the same order may be delivered separately. If we are not able to deliver all of the products together, we will not charge you extra delivery costs.
2. When you add products to your Shopping cart, the appropriate standard delivery charge and any customs charges, duties or taxes will be calculated automatically at the checkout stage. You will be able to see all applicable charges before submitting your order.
1. Once we have accepted and processed your order (see “How to Order”), delivery of your ordered products shall be arranged from the brand of product that you have purchased. Delivery times may therefore vary from product to product.
2. Most products are delivered by courier, depending on their size and value. You may be given the option of choosing a premium delivery service for a small extra charge during the ordering process. For these products you will be asked or told about delivery dates as part of the order process.
Standard delivery timings
1. Products may be delivered directly to you by our brand partners whose products we are selling and this can affect delivery times. If we are unable to meet the estimated delivery date, we will try to contact you with a revised estimated delivery date.
2. We may provide you with a link to the courier's website, and a parcel number, so that you can track your order right to your doorstep. Standard courier deliveries are usually made between 9am and 5pm in the UK, but international orders are subject to local delivery times which can vary from location to location. All deliveries must be signed for unless indicated otherwise or you authorise the carrier to waive this requirement. If you are out when the courier arrives, the courier may leave a card with a contact number for you to call.
3. We do everything we can to meet the delivery times specified in this section. However, occasionally delivery times may be affected by factors beyond our control and therefore they cannot be guaranteed. We will inform you if we become aware of an unexpected delay. For international deliveries, please allow extra time as customs in local countries can take a while to clear
1. You can track the progress of your order by logging in and then going to “My Account”.
1. We cannot accept any returns or issue any refunds for any products you have ordered that are made-to-measure, made-to-order, or that have been customised to your specifications, or personalised, or explicitly described as ‘customised’, or cannot be returned for hygiene or personal health reasons (such as some items of lingerie, bikini bottoms and earrings for pierced ears (which have been unwrapped) unless these are faulty at the time of delivery.
2. For all other non-bespoke products which are not made to order or personalised returns and refunds will be at Threads discretion unless you have a statutory right to a refund.Global Concierge Services
1. Provided we have not started working on your request for our Services you have 14 days (starting on the date after the date that we confirm our acceptance of your order) to cancel the request for our Services.
2. However if you want us to start working on your request for our Services within this time period of 14 days then as we procure items specifically to order, if you subsequently choose to cancel you may still be obliged to pay some or all of our fees and for the relevant products ordered. The specific retailer(s)’ return and refund policy will apply to any products ordered on your behalf (see below).Online shopping
1. Where statutory rights apply, you have the right to cancel (or exchange where available) your order for products at any time either before and up to fourteen (14) calendar days from the day on which you receive your products.How to cancel
1. If you wish to cancel your order (and have a cancellation right) you must notify us within the relevant 14 day time period referred to above. To request a cancellation simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send your personal shopper a message. Alternatively, you can also complete and return to us our Cancellation and Returns form, a copy of which can be downloaded here. Following your notification we will arrange for a returns label to be sent to you to affix to the products and return to us. Our Customer Service team will get in touch with you to arrange collection of the product(s) you wish to return.
2. Our team will reach out to you using the information provided in the payment page within 24 hours of your request.
3. Your cancellation is effective from the date of your notification and (for product orders) your item(s) must be sent back to us no later than 14 days after the date they were delivered.Returning your products (whether purchased via our online shop or through our Global Concierge Services)
1. Please note that products (and in particular fine jewellery, leather goods and luxury items) tend to be delicate and must be cared for properly. You should carefully follow the care guidelines that come with the relevant product. You also acknowledge that for every return, exchange or repair request, Retailers reserve the right to evaluate the product before agreeing to anything. Retailers will generally offer a refund for manufacturing defects (other than in the case of natural/handmade variations as described above) but not where an item has been damaged by a customer’s handling of it.
2. Please also note for fine jewellery, high-value leather or exotic skins goods such as Hermes, in most cases any sale is considered final, and no exchange, return or refund will usually be possible unless expressly stated otherwise in advance. Nothing in these terms affects your statutory rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described.
3. You may only return an order to us for a refund if the products are complete, unused, unopened and in 'as new' condition (e.g. if you have opened the packaging to examine the product you must have done so without damaging or marking the product in any way). They should be returned with the original packaging and accessories. Original packaging is often part of the product being sold so must be returned undamaged and in an “as new” condition.
4. To qualify for a refund or exchange the product must be:
5. In respect of our online shopping service, you also have the right to terminate the contract by e-mailing us at our contact details set out above in paragraph 2 where:
6. Once we receive your agreed returned items and we are satisfied with their condition, a full refund or credit of the price you paid (less any deductions for delivery costs and damage except as stated above) will be issued to you. Please note that where import taxes or customs duties were paid by us on your behalf on the original shipment, these sums will not be refunded to you unless we can reclaim the sums ourselves from the relevant authority.
7. If the items are not in a satisfactory condition, we may reduce the value of your refund to reflect the loss of value in the item. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the products while they are in your possession and are responsible for the risk of damage during transport.
8. All refunds to you will be made by the payment method you used when paying for the order being refunded. If a gift voucher was used for purchase, a refund will take the form of a credit note.
1. We try very hard to ensure that you receive your order in pristine condition.
2. If you do not receive all your products, please follow the relevant steps below:
3. In the unlikely event that a product arrives damaged or faulty, please follow the instructions emailed to you after you place your order.
4. We are not responsible for the loss or damage of any product after the time and point at which they were delivered to the address shown in the order you placed. You agree to be responsible for any personal insurance of the products if you so wish.
5. If what you have bought is faulty, broken (on arrival) or incorrectly described, please contact us as soon as possible using the details set out in paragraph 2.
6. We will provide a full refund or replacement (subject to availability) for products that are faulty. This promise does not cover faults caused by your accident, neglect, misuse or normal wear and tear.
7. We may require faulty products to be returned to us for inspection. If found to be faulty you have the option to choose a repair (where possible), replacement (if available) or full refund of the price paid. In these circumstances any refund that we issue due to a fault or other defect in the products will include a refund of the applicable delivery charges.
8. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau. Nothing in these terms and conditions will affect these legal rights.
1. We may end our contract with you if you breach it. For example, where you do not pay us any sum when due and following our reminder or you try to order products which you are not eligible to order.
2. You must compensate us if you breach the contract. If we end the contract in these circumstances we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but, we may deduct from that refund or charge you, reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaching the contract.
3.We may withdraw any of our products at any time and without notice. If you have purchased a product that we have withdrawn, we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for products which will not be provided.
1. Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or restricts our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our agents, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any breach of any terms implied by law or any matter that we are not permitted to limit or restrict by law.
2. If we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking these terms and conditions or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any:
3. Each provision of this paragraph 16 operates separately. If any part is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or other competent body the other parts will continue to apply.
If you’ve been in touch with our customer service team and are unhappy with our resolution, please let us know. If you remain unhappy with any final resolution we’ve proposed, we’re required to let you know about ADR. Threads Styling does not subscribe to any ADR provider, however, one such provider is: Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution Dispute Resolution, Conflict Management & Mediation Services - CEDR More information can be found here
1. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform or delay in performance of any of our obligations under these terms and conditions that is caused by an event outside our control (including (but not limited to) strikes, fire, storm, flood or other natural disaster, epidemics, pandemics, failures in our supply chain, or failure of telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of transport).
2. If we are unable to perform our obligations to you as a result of any event outside of our control we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible and we will take steps to minimize the effect of any delay. Provided we do this, our obligations to you shall be suspended for the duration of the event outside of our control and we will not be liable for any delay caused by the event. If this affects our delivery of products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you as soon as we are able to confirm this but if there is a risk of substantial delay you have the option to cancel the affected order and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not yet received
2. Any changes to email contact preferences usually take between 2-7 days to take effect, but in some instances may take as long as 31 days to take effect.
1. These terms and conditions and all transactions relating to this website are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales unless you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland in which case the relevant law will apply and you can choose to take action against us in your local courts.
2. We do not accept amendments to these terms and conditions and any variations to these terms and conditions must be signed by an authorised signatory of our company.
3. You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions to another person without our prior written consent. We can transfer all or any part of these terms and conditions to another organisation but your rights under these terms and conditions will not be affected.
4. If these terms and conditions are terminated by either of us for any reason, neither of us will lose any rights which have already accrued.
5. If, at any time, we do not require you to comply with any part of these terms and conditions, this will not prevent us from doing so in the future.
6. If any part of these terms and conditions is disallowed or held to be ineffective by any court or other competent body, the rest of the terms and conditions will not be affected.
7. We are required by law to tell you that sales can be concluded in the English language only and that no public filing requirements apply.